Friday, December 02, 2005

Madarin Orange Molded Jello Salad

This is one of my favorite recipes for a jello salad.

Mandarin Orange Salad



TRIPLE ORANGE SALAD

2 cups boiling liquid (water or fruit syrup)
1 package (6 ounces) orange-flavored gelatin(I use sugar-free)
1 pint orange sherbet
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained

Optional:
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
1 can (131/4 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup dairy sour cream or 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream, whipped

Pour boiling liquid on gelatin in bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Add orange sherbet; stir until melted. Stir in 1 can orange segments. Pour into 6-cup ring mold; Refrigerate until firm.

Optional:
Mix remaining orange segments, the pineapple, coconut and marshmallows. Fold in sour cream.

Refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Unmold and "optional" fill center with fruit mixture.

10 TO 12 SERVINGS.

I usually fill center with cottage cheese!! Yummmmmy!


Madarin Orange Jello Salad

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLESS YOU!! for having this recipe. I have looked high and low through my entire kitchen today. I know I have it somewhere but where??!! So, as a last ditch effort, I googled Mandarin Orange Jello salad and here it is, exactly the recipe I was looking for. I think I lost mine in with Christmas cards one year doing a dinner party at that time. I can stop looking for that little slip of paper stuck in a recipe file or book. I copied this to my computer and printed it just to be safe.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Carolyn said...

Thank you for posting this on your blog! I also lost the old recipe that my mother-in-law use to make. It is a favorite of our family and I wanted to share it at a 4th of July picnic with some friends. Like the previous comment, I have stored it now on my computer.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I believe the original could be in a Betty Crocker CookBook with an Orange Cover!

You are welcome :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home