Sunday, July 10, 2005

Recipes I want to try real soon

Low Carb Spinach Dip

1 (10 ounce) package or frozen chopped spinach thawed
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 T. prepared horseradish
1 T. chopped onion
2 T. lemon juice
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Plop (recipe really said plop) your spinach into a strainer, and use the back of a spoon to press out all the water. Set aside.

With the S-blade in place on your food processor drop the cottage cheese, parsley, mayo, horseradish, onion, and lemon juice into your food processor's bowl and run it until mixture is quite smooth.

Add drained spinach, pulse to mix.

Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with mixed veggies (or really good wheat crackers I would think but, I'll let you know after I make this)

Makes about 3 cups.

I don't know about anyone else but I have tons of recipes cut or tore out of the newspaper or magazines knowing someday, maybe, if I can find the one I want where ever I stashed it I will want to try it.

So... I am going to start posting them here and after I make it I will rate it and perhaps post a photo.

This recipe I hope to make this week. It sounds yummy.

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This does look really good! Hi, Vicki! I am so impressed with your website!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Jane, Thanks for the compliment.

This is Dawn. Vickie works to much to have a website. :)

Plus she has dogs and I have a daughter.

Hope you come back again, soon and pass the link on to the rest of the family.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I just googled Vickie Neville for a thing at work (!) and hit on this. Okay - so I work too much. No wensite for me. But I can cook too.

Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home